Wednesday, January 31, 2018

An Invitation to Participate in a Vegan Part of a Social Event

A very thoughtful friend asked me whether I'd like to participate in a social gathering for ESL students because the theme will be food, and she's going to tell them about a vegan dish and talk about what it means to be vegan and different reasons for making this choice.  I responded enthusiastically!

This sounds wonderful--both the concept of arranging a regular time for the students to socialize and use English and February's theme of food--including vegan!  Yes, I'd really like to participate.  

Shall I bake a Valentine Cake or cookies?  

Can I tell them how I was the last in my family to make the switch because I thought animals were meant for our consumption and we all had to die, so their turn was after months of romping happily around the field before landing on my plate?  I could break that up into more than one sentence!

  Thanks for inviting me to participate!

Tina


No comments:

Post a Comment