Thursday, January 11, 2018

Chia Pudding

When I asked a librarian (a very responsive and effective librarian!) to pass my question on to Dr. Lustig about what he would serve if he were in charge of dessert for a group of about 23, she sent me her Chia Pudding Recipe:

CHIA PUDDING
1/2 c chia seeds
2 cans coconut milk (sometimes I use 1 can coconut milk and 10-12 ou. of the coconut milk that comes in the frig section (it's called So Delicious)
for sweetness: use ripe bananas (1 large or 2 small)
opt: add 1t cocoa powder or carob
some people add 1 t vanilla, but I don't
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I put the banana, coconut milk in my Vitamix and slowly let the chia seeds blend it.
A friend gave me a whole bunch of pudding jars 4 oz (like baby food jars) and I put them in there, refrigerate it and it gels up. Or you could put it in a bigger jar or a bowl too. I went to a New Year's Eve party at my neighbors and brought over six little jars of chia pudding for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment