Sunday, January 21, 2018

Jonathan Kauffman's "Hippie Food" Book and Changing the Way We Eat

Jonathan Kauffman's Hippie Food article was the cover story for the Food Section of the San Francisco Chronicle this morning.  "How the Bay Area helped sprout hippie food/Rebel politics ushered in an era of natural foods that resonates today" includes a timeline on Hippie food in the Bay Area and an interview with Pam Peirce, whose final comment is that changing food habits is very important.

I wonder whether Pam Peirce is now a vegan.  The hippies ate animal products.

Other things I wonder about:

Is the New Age Natural Foods still in the Sunset?
Is Here and Now still in SF?


I never knew the Trident in Sausalito was natural food!

The timeline ends after Mollie Katzen's self-published "Moosewood Cookbook" and the founding of Greens.

Open letter to the San Francisco Chronicle (But it's too unformed to send)

Thank you for the Food Section's cover story Jonathan Kauffman's  "How the Bay Area helped sprout hippie food."  I see the  release of his book Hippie Food on Audible is January 23, and I plan to read it with my ears.  In the meantime, I'll be eating vegan, not vegetarian.  As Pam Peirce says in her interview with Kauffman, changing food habits is very important.

No comments:

Post a Comment