Saturday, January 27, 2018

What Makes Your Heart Break? Animals in Factory Farms!

Today at an OWL meeting we were asked what makes our heart break, and the first woman to speak in our group said, "The homeless."  I agree that homelessness is heart-breaking.

We were also asked what area of concern we wanted to address in our alerts, actions, and talks, and another member said, "The environment." She spoke about carbon emissions from cars.   I agree that the environment is an important concern.

I'm relatively new to this group, but I want to express the idea that it's heartbreaking to see animals, who can't speak up for themselves, suffering in factory farms, which they are doing every moment of the day.

More about that later because I'm off to see Dave Eggers and Mokhtar Alkhanshali at Book Passage.

No comments:

Post a Comment